TBILISI (Sputnik) – A total of 91 out of 150 lawmakers voted for the resolution adopted on Thursday. The document was proposed by the ruling party Georgian Dream. “The main foreign policy goal for Georgia is to assert the country’s sovereignty, de-occupation by peaceful means, restoring trust of people living across the boundary line and restoring Georgian territorial integrity through consolidation of the international community’s support,” the resolution said. According to the document, Georgian accession to NATO and the European Union is the country’s foreign policy priority that has no alternatives. © Sputnik / Alexey FilippovPutin Not Ruling Out Return of Visa-Free Regime With Russia for Georgians”The goal of the Georgian leadership is also to deepen cooperation with the main strategic partner of the country – the United States … Georgia will also continue rational and principle policy toward Russia,” the resolution said. Georgia is also planning to continue its active participation in various international organizations and fulfill its commitments aimed at ensuring peace and security as well as countering terrorism and organized crime. Abkhazia and South Ossetia declared independence from Georgia in the early 1990s. In August 2008, Georgia launched a military offensive against South Ossetia and partially destroyed its capital of Tskhinvali. Russia sent troops to South Ossetia trying to protect local residents, many of whom had Russian citizenship. After five days of hostilities, Russia managed to expel Georgian troops from the… Read full this story
- Georgia’s 2019 legislative session: What didn’t pass
- 2011 BMW X3: From South Carolina to L.A.
- Is Kamala Harris next to go?: California Democrat on brink of exiting presidential race after firing dozens of campaign staff and dropping to three per cent in the polls
- After 957 days, Te’a Cooper is back. What’s changed for the star Gamecock transfer?
- Inauguration Day: Auto Industry Speaks Out on Uncertain Future Under Trump
- ACC basketball success in January not a matter of who you play but when you play them
- Boris Johnson's manifesto to abandon the threat of a no-deal Brexit in bid to capture the centre ground as he rules out a Leave Alliance with Nigel Farage and puts the Tories on an election collision course with the Brexit Party
- Back in the Big Time: How Ajax Engineered Their Champions League Revival
- SEMA Driving Force November 2011
- Agent's Take: These seven players are the most likely candidates to get franchise tags in 2019
Returning Abkhazia, South Ossetia Main Priorities of Georgia's Foreign Policy have 389 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 30, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.