(CNN) This time last year, CNN Opinion asked a group of commentators from around the world for their take on the US presidential election. One year later, Donald Trump is preparing to be sworn in as President of the United States. So, what is the world expecting — and hoping for — from a Trump presidency? Guest commentators from around the world weigh in. The views expressed are their own. Russia: A domestic win for Putin Mikhail Fishman When Donald Trump was declared the winner of the 2016 presidential election, he received a round of applause in the Russian parliament. It was a pure, almost childish expression of joy. Since then, the “Russian factor” has loomed ominously over Trump’s impending presidency. The Russian term “kompromat” — compromising material — is entering the English language, much like “sputnik” did more than 50 years ago. The American press debates — in total seriousness — whether the Kremlin is literally keeping the President of the most powerful country on Earth on its leash and shaping his policies. More importantly, the notorious hacking story is far from over. For many in Washington, Vladimir Putin has become the main trickster of the election. However, Russian… Read full this story
- Aussie infrastructure financiers await Trump boom
- In the Middle East, Putin has a lot to thank Trump for right now
- Trump dialed it up to 10, but his predecessors often treated migrants with disdain
- Italy could still get populist government as Five Star leader hints at compromise
- Italy crisis: What triggered the political turmoil and how can it be solved?
- British businessman and Putin critic Bill Browder briefly detained in Spain after Russia issues arrest warrant
- Perhaps the most surprising part of the Italian crisis is that Berlusconi has emerged as a selfless voice of reason
- Roseanne Barr blames racist tweet on sleeping pills and apologises to crew after sitcom's cancellation
- Zimbabwe: Mnangagwa Says Ready for July 30 Showdown
- Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page feud with Robbie Williams continues as he delays swimming pool plans
A worried world awaits Trump presidency: 10 views have 329 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 18, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.