The event was co-organised by seven countries namely Italy, Germany, Switzerland, France, Poland, Denmark, Belgium and Vietnam. The major theme of the week-long festival this year is “A country without documentary films is like a family without a photo album” quoted from Chilean filmmaker Patricio Guzman’s famous saying. Seven Vietnamese films are expected to be screened during the festival, including Dieu mua co (Ancient dance) and Ken dong (Bronze trumpet) by director Nguyen Van Huong, Loi ru thi buon (Blue lullaby) by Mac Van Chung, Khoang cach (Distance) by Tran Phi, Di de thay (Go to see) by Dao Thanh Tung and Phan Huyen Thu, and Chuyen cua moi nha (Affairs of every household) and Dat lanh (Freezing land) by Nguyen Thuoc. The event has gathered directors from Belgium, Germany, France, Switzerland, Poland, Denmark, and Italy, whose films mainly deal with arts, urbanisation, immigration, women’s life, and the gap between rich and poor.
- Documentary film festival opens in Frankfurt
- Venice film festival 2019: gender disparity debate rages for second year
- Jury members clash over Roman Polanski as Venice film festival opens
- Dracula Film Festival, between October 16 and 20, in Brasov
- 2019 MARBELLA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2019
- Vai premieres at Nuku’alofa Film Festival
- Documentary on missing Chibok schoolgirls wins at Venice Film Festival
- HCM City issues medical tourism guide
- HCM City's District 3: 18th coolest neighbourhood in the world
- Debate Brexit with famous Remainers at film festival
HCM City to host international documentary film festival have 239 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 14, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.