The rambling Union Square hofbrau known for its baseball memorabilia, Christmas toy drive and steaming plates of corned beef and cabbage, will close next month after failing to come to new lease terms with its landlord. Media: Douglas Zimmerman Lefty O’Doul’s, the rambling Union Square hofbrau known for its baseball memorabilia, Christmas toy drive and steaming plates of hand-carved corned beef, will close Feb. 3, setting up a fight with its landlord about the future of the landmark business. “Unfortunately, that is the time and the date,” said Lefty O’Doul’s owner Nick Bovis. “That is it. That is our last day here.” The surprise closure announcement represents the opening salvo in what could be a legal battle between Lefty’s management and its landlord, Jon Handlery. Bovis, whose family has operated Lefty’s since 1998, has drawn up plans to move the restaurant, along with its 400 pieces of baseball memorabilia, to a nearby location by late fall. He is not specifying the address because the deal is not done. People walk past Lefty O’Doul’s restaurant in San Francisco, Calif., on Thursday, January 12th, 2017. The restaurant announced it will be closing and relocating. People walk past Lefty O’Doul’s restaurant in San… Read full this story
- What Is Union Square?
- City Bakery, home of NYC’s best hot chocolate, has closed
- Apple renames stores 'Town Squares,' is mercilessly mocked on social media
- Adapt or die: a new breed of trade union can save the fossils of old
- Bankrupt Forever 21 is closing 200 stores
- Does a landlord need to give a reason for evicting a tenant?
- Google Contractors in Pennsylvania Vote to Unionize
- Momentum-backed NEC member: Labour should cut union links
- Trade relations thaw as Qualcomm NXP acquisition and ZTE dispute close to resolution
- UPDATE 1-Royal Mail offers to hold talks with CWU if union removes strike threat
Union Square hofbrau Lefty O’Doul’s to close in landlord dispute have 312 words, post on www.sfgate.com at January 13, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.