MANITOWOC – Manitowoc Alderwoman Rhienna Gabriel will be removed from standing committees for the remainder of her term as punishment for inappropriate actions toward a city employee. The resolution was brought forward after a Committee of the Whole meeting held in closed session May 8. Gabriel is accused of misconduct with a city employee following an incident during which she left an opened six-pack of beer, with only five cans left, and an unsigned note that said “Your coworkers are messing with you. The question is, do you want to get them back?” at the employee’s back door to his residence April 12. RELATED: Manitowoc alderwoman facing misconduct was warned by police for disorderly conduct, prowling RELATED: Common Council member accused of misconduct, might be removed from standing committees During the meeting Monday, Gabriel spoke during the public input session. “This whole circumstance started with my leaving beer on a neighbor’s porch,” she said. ”I had no idea it would be blown out of proportion by people with a political agenda. I didn’t talk to police at first because I thought it was a joke. My constituents have entrusted me to represent our district and have demanded that I ask hard questions, learn and challenge the status quo.” … Read full this story
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by Facebook - Washington on edge amid SCOTUS vacancy
- Daniel Patrick Moynihan: Ruling Class Hero
- Second Tory MP stokes free school meals fury: Selaine Saxby hints firms giving food to children should NOT get government help after Ben Bradley suggested cash went to 'crack dens and brothels' - as ministers double down on refusal to fund scheme
- 'This is about saving lives': PM lashes out at Andy Burnham's lack of 'leadership' as Greater Manchester Mayor refuses to accept Tier Three lockdown rules and haggles for more money - but Lancashire AGREES to the curbs from TOMORROW with '£30m bailout'
- Freedom for Christmas: Several families could be allowed to meet for up to a week in December in relaxation of Covid rules - despite scientists warning Boris Johnson it will 'throw fuel on the fire' of the pandemic
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by The Air Line Pilots Association - Pence lauds Harris as 'experienced debater'; Trump, Biden diverge over debate prep
- What's the Covid-19 infection rate in YOUR town? How today's outbreak compares with mid-September is revealed as interactive module lets you search for your area while officials decide which places will be hit by toughest Tier Three restrictions
- 'Angel moms' respond to critics of White House event
- The FIVE days of Christmas: Ministers hope to give festive get-togethers the OK 'with up to FOUR households able to mix in bubbles from December 24 to 28'
Manitowoc council votes 7-3 to bar Alderwoman Rhienna Gabriel from standing committees have 447 words, post on www.htrnews.com at March 24, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.