They were promised luxury accommodations, private beaches, and “the best in food, art, music and adventure.” But ticket holders to the first-ever Fyre Festival got anything but on Thursday, as they were dropped into an environment described by one attendee as having “barely any food or water or security or electricity” before the event was finally postponed indefinitely. The new immersive music festival was billed as the next Coachella — set over “two transformative weekends” on the private Bahaman island of Fyre Cay, once inhabited by Blackbeard and Pablo Escobar. Created by Ja Rule and entrepreneur Billy McFarland, tickets for the event ranged from $4,000 to upwards of $250,000 (for a VIP package split between 12 people). Kendall Jenner and a series of flashy Instagram videos helped announce the event, with images of clear blue waters, yachts, private planes, and models Bella Hadid and Emily Ratajkowski traipsing around in bikinis. Performances from Blink 182, Rae Sremmurd, Skepta to G.O.O.D. Music acts Desiigner, Tyga, and Pusha T were expected. According to attendees who flooded social media with complaints, the reality was much different. Those who arrived on the island were met with complete disorganization and sub-standard living conditions that were far from ready. Luggage was handed to passengers from the back of storage trucks in the… Read full this story
- Luxury music festival in Bahamas has chaotic start, ticket holders furious
- Inside Ja Rule’s Fyre Festival Disaster: How the Luxury Music Fest Became ‘Lord of the Flies’
- Fyre Festival organizers speak out: 'We were a little bit ambitious'
- Ja Rule's lavish Fyre Festival in the Bahamas cancelled at the last minute
- We Are FSTVL: Guests hurt in 'stampede' after 3-hour queues at 'shambolic' event
- Rolling Loud and the NYPD Pulled 5 Rappers From the Festival. The Repercussions Are Only Beginning
- How the 2017 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Became an International Nightmare
- A royal triumph! Beaming Queen congratulates Gold Cup winner Frankie Dettori - as she enjoys her third day at Royal Ascot with Eugenie, Zara and Autumn
- Leading ladies! Abbey Clancy and Lady Gabriella Windsor set a glamorous tone as they join revellers in elaborate hats at Royal Ascot
- Sopranos meets Comic-Con: 54 actors from hit gangster show welcome 10,000 fans dressed as favorite characters at New Jersey's SopranosCon which boasts huge mural of late James Gandolfini
Fyre Festival Goes Up in Smoke! Event Halted as Ticket Holders Report 'Mass Chaos' have 374 words, post on people.com at April 28, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.