Story highlights More than 1,600 measles cases have been reported in Italy this year Many industrialized countries are experiencing outbreaks this year Experts blame a decrease in public confidence in vaccines, fueled by influential leaders (CNN)An outbreak of measles is spreading across Italy, with more than 1,600 cases of the disease reported in 2017, across 19 of the country’s 21 regions. The number of cases seen so far this year is already higher than the total number of cases seen during all of 2016, according to the European Centers for Disease Control. The outbreak adds to concern among European health officials who have been monitoring an ongoing outbreak in Romania, where almost 4,800 cases have been reported since the start of 2016. The country has also seen 21 deaths, according to the World Health Organization. “Italy is one of two main countries affected across the (European) region at the moment,” said Dr. Robb Butler, Program Manager of the Vaccine-preventable Diseases and Immunization Program of the WHO Regional Office for Europe. First in the world, the Americans are free of measles, WHO says The United Stated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has now issued recommendations for anyone traveling to Italy… Read full this story
- Bay Area COVID-19 Roundup: Officials Greenlight Moderna Vaccine Use Again; Schwarzenegger Says ‘Come With Me If You Want To Live!’
- We can vaccinate ALL teachers, say schools: Heads send Boris a plan for huge seven-day operation to inoculate one million staff during February half term to get schools open within a few weeks
- Coronavirus | Facebook bans false claims about COVID-19 vaccines
- Vaccination Day 3: Walk-ins, rural push see Maharashtra turnout jump to 68%
- What we know about Asia Pacific's Covid-19 vaccines
- As sites shift from Covid-19 testing to vaccinations, health officials warn balance is needed
- Boots and Superdrug start dishing out Covid vaccines as six high street pharmacies are recruited and No10 says it's on track to do 3m jabs a week — but independent chemists fear UK will fail to hit target unless it uses 'many more, much sooner'
- COVID-19 Highlights January 19: Mumbai sees surge in recoveries; Maharashtra has less than 50,000 active cases
- Mumbai: 1,728 healthcare workers vaccinated on Day 3; CO-WIN glitches continue to affect inoculation drive
- Every over-50 to get jab by MAY: Ministers reveal new pledge to vaccinate 32m within 16 weeks - as Matt Hancock says 2.3million have had dose already with tally rising by 200,000-a-day
Measles outbreak surging in Italy as officials urge confidence in vaccines have 385 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 20, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.