Kirsten Dunst and Sofia Coppola have been close friends and collaborators since Coppola cast Dunst as a sexy teenager in the 1999 film The Virgin Suicides. And the director’s new film, The Beguiled, casts Dunst as a teacher for a Gothic girls’ boarding school alongside Elle Fanning and Nicole Kidman. In a Variety interview with Dunst and Coppola, which is unfortunately but unsurprisingly written by a man despite using the headline “The Future Is Female” on the cover, the two stars talk about their new movie as well as the barriers aging women actresses and directors face in Hollywood today. One of those barriers includes expected weight loss for roles, which Coppola asked Dunst to do before starting the film. When Coppola suggested that Dunst lose some weight for her role in “Beguiled,” the actress pushed back. But she said her director was very understanding. “It’s so much harder when you’re 35 and hate working out,” Dunst says. She even used the shoot’s location—in rural Louisiana—as an excuse. “I’m eating fried chicken and McDonald’s before work. So I’m like, ‘We have no options! I’m sorry I can’t lose weight for this role.’” While Coppola in general is described as a… Read full this story
- The Bachelorette's Elly and Becky Miles reveal their celebrity 'hall passes' in a new interview - but notably fail to mention their winning suitors
- The best new TV shows of 2020
- Republicans cast Trump as best choice for women
- The banker's daughter who's the new darling of Netflix: How private school girl Anya Taylor-Joy went from being discovered in Harrods to dazzling in The Queen's Gambit - and is now tipped for Hollywood stardom
- JENNI MURRAY: Have we all forgotten the dark side of Sean Connery?
- Such a drag! Stressed Cardi B smokes THREE cigarettes at once - as Hollywood liberals start losing their minds at prospect of a Trump victory
- Chris Watts Netflix murder documentary has sent family killer 'to some dark places'
- Katie Holmes, 41, looks completely smitten as she shares a kiss with boyfriend Emilio Vitolo Jr, 33, during a day out in New York
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Lady Gaga criticizes Trump over remarks about women
- These Women Brought Members Of Congress Down, And Suffered For It. A Year Later, They Say It Was Worth It.
Kirsten Dunst Paints a Dark Picture of Hollywood in New Interview: 'It's Always Harder for Women' have 383 words, post on jezebel.com at May 15, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.