Thuy also brought home a consolation prize for her ‘Love Heart for Hanoi’, a heart-shaped sculpture decorated with millions of ceramic tiles. The mural at Da Nang airport covers a pillar that is 7.4m in height and 6.4m in diameter featuring images of flowers and tropical trees. The work, made with paints produced by the French-based industrial paint producer Guard Industrie, was inaugurated in March this year as the first painting as part of an art project to transform Da Nang airport into a tropical garden. The project was highly appreciated by the judges for creatively and successfully applying materials in building and industrial construction into community arts. The use of flowers and green trees helps to create a fresh and environmentally-friendly feel for viewers, thus meeting criteria set for the IDA’s Design for Society and Design for Environment category. Earlier, Thuy was given an honourable mention at the eighth IDA in 2015 for her lotus-shaped fountain at Mai Xuan Thuong flower garden. In addition to the three prize winning works, Thuy is also the creator a number of significant ceramic projects such as the four-kilometre ceramic mosaic mural on the wall of the dyke system of Hanoi; a 2.3×1.9…
- Murals at Noi Bai Airport win int’l award
- Da Nang tightens land management to combat price hikes
- Lotus paintings at Noi Bai airport win int’l competition
- Hilton Launches Flagship Brand in Central Vietnam with Debut of Hilton Da Nang
- Rejuvenated Hougang Town Centre among winners of HDB design award
- Vietnamese citizen wins Russia’s Golden Lion Award
- Noi Bai International Airport displays huge lotus paintings
- Jewelry artisan in Hue boasts his award winning collection
- Vietnam F&B team member among finalists for Airport FAB awards
- Why does Vietnam not develop airports en masse?
Mural painting at Da Nang airport wins bronze at International Design Awards have 288 words, post on at May 11, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.