Free classical music concert set for tonight
France Alumni Vietnam, a network of Vietnamese alumni in France sponsored by the French Embassy in Vietnam, organized a classical music concert titled “The Summer Scent” at Culture Salon Cafe at 19B Pham Ngoc Thach Street in HCMC’s District 3 at 8 p.m. on June 16.
The music event – organized in collaboration with CUCA Vietnam, an independent platform for art education, research and practice – featured three young artists who graduated from prestigious art schools in France, including viola artist Pham Vu Thien Bao, pianist Tran Ngoc Nguyen Trinh and soprano Pham Dieu Huong.
These artists performed masterpieces by famous composers such as Mozart, Fauré, and Rebecca Clarke.
In addition, the audience had the opportunity to talk with the three artists to gain a deeper understanding on classical music and listen to their interesting stories on the path to success.
Viola artist Pham Vu Thien Bao, born in 1983, began studying violin in Dong Nai, and then moved to the HCMC Conservatory of Music. In July 2003, he earned a Master’s degree in Viola Performance with highest distinction and then received “DAI” (Diploma Artists Interpret – the equivalent level of the Doctor degree in Music Performance in France) at the Paris National Conservatory of Music.
He has performed at many music festivals in France, Spain, Italy and Austria, and won awards from Val d’Isère Académie, Meyer Arts Association and Krigelstel Arts Association.
- Art Crawl and Classical Music Crawl this weekend in St. Paul
- Festivals: Suburban concerts, carnivals, car shows, parades, food & more July 3-12
- Festivals: Suburban concerts, carnivals, car shows, parades & more July 3-12
- Pat Green set for sold-out San Antonio concert tonight at The Rustic
- Travis return home to Glasgow 20 years after release of classic album
- Gatecrasher set for Coventry return at new venue
- LA orchestra open festival with concert
- Moraira Music Festival Kicks off in Style
- Concert marks diplomatic relations with South Korea