ATLANTA, GA — Skies in metro Atlanta should be mostly clear for a change on Friday, but some areas could still see severe storms as the remains of Tropical Storm Cindy breeze through the region.The forecast from the National Weather Service calls for only a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the Atlanta area Friday — mainly before 9 a.m. and after 1 p.m. But if storms do pop up, they could be strong ones.The service issued a flash flood watch and hazardous weather outlook for much of north and central Georgia, including metro Atlanta. According to the outlook, there is a “marginal to slight chance” of severe thunderstorms, mainly along and west of the Interstate 85 corridor.The best chance for strong storms will be late in the day and through the night, as pockets of rain from Tropical Storm Cindy — which made landfall in Louisiana early Thursday — continue to push eastward.Lightning, damaging winds and heavy rain could be a result of those storms and “an isolated tornado cannot be ruled out,” the weather service said in the outlook.The flash flood watch is for north Georgia, mainly north of the Interstate 20 corridor. It runs from 2… Read full this story
- Tropical Storm Watch Issued As Storm Jose Approaches North Branford
- Tropical Storm Karen Doesn’t Care About the Government Shutdown
- Fox & Friends Mocks Global Climate Strike Then Immediately Pivots to Tropical Storm Imelda Deaths From 'Catastrophic Flooding'
- NoVA Weather: How Tropical Storm Chris Will Affect Virginia
- Tropical Storm Erin In Atlantic: VA Beaches To Feel Effects
- Florence, Now a Tropical Storm, Has Left 7 Dead and Nearly 1 Million Without Power
- US Gulf Coast Braces for Extreme Flooding, Heavy Winds From Tropical Storm (Photos, Videos)
- Tropical Storm in Philippines Leaves Nearly 90 People Dead, Dozens Missing
- Damage assessment from storm starts in American Samoa
- India tropical cyclone kills at least 24 and destroys thousands of homes
More Tropical Storm Cindy Storms Possible Friday: Georgia Weather have 306 words, post on patch.com at June 23, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.