Cristiano Ronaldo arriving at the team’s hotel in Cardiff on June 2nd, 2017. Photo: AFP Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo denied hiding millions of euros in income at a court hearing near the Spanish capital on Monday where he was charged with tax evasion. The Portuguese – the world’s highest paid sportsman according to Forbes magazine – is the latest football star to fall foul of Spain’s taxman. He follows in the footsteps of his arch-rival, Barcelona forward Lionel Messi, who was found guilty of the same offence last year. Iñaki Torres, head of communication at Gestifute, reads a statement from Ronaldo after his testimony at a court in Pozuelo de Alarcon. Photo: AFP “I have never hidden anything, nor have I had the intention of evading taxes,” Ronaldo, 32, told the court, according to a statement from the sports agency which represents him, Gestifute. “I always voluntarily file my tax returns because I think we all must file a return and pay taxes according to our income. Those that know me, know what I ask my advisors: that they have everything up to date and properly paid, because I don’t want problems.” Accused of having evaded… Read full this story
- 3 Steps to Saving Up to Thousands of Dollars by Reducing Your Property Taxes
- Todd Chrisley sues Georgia tax officials because 'department head had a relationship with his estranged daughter to smear him by persuading her to share personal information'
- The Speech You Will Never Hear
- Do You Make at Least 100k? Tips on Keeping Your Money
- We the People Foundation For Constitutional Education
- Bankruptcy - Common Questions and Myths
- Biggest Celebrity Money Issues (so Far) in 2008
- Rhode Island Divorce Attorney - Dealing with Credit Card Debts
- Squabbling Over the Pigeon Bill - PA Legislature Hesitant to Shoot Down Animal Cruelty
- What Happens When You Have a Judgement Against You and You Cannot Pay?
Cristiano Ronaldo denies tax fraud at court hearing have 307 words, post on www.thelocal.es at July 31, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.