In the past few days, both Apple and Amazon have caved to strict Internet censorship regulations in China. The New York Times reported recently that Apple had taken steps to remove VPN and anti-censorship apps from its Chinese app store. These apps were used by Chinese citizens to skirt China's extremely restrictive Internet firewall which blocks many U.S. websites such as Facebook. ExpressVPN recently posted a letter they received from Apple stating that the company's app had been removed from Apple's store, "because it includes content that is illegal in China." ExpressVPN is just one of the many VPN apps that were removed from the Chinese app store, ExpressVPN stated that their app removal was "surprising and unfortunate," in a blog post on their website adding, "We're disappointed in this development, as it represents the most drastic measure the Chinese government has taken to block the use of VPNs to date, and we are troubled to see Apple aiding China's censorship efforts." Similarly the president of Golden Frog, Sunday Yokubaitis, gave his thoughts on their VPN apps removal from the store saying, "We gladly filed an amicus brief in support of Apple in their backdoor encryption battle with the F.B.I.," he said,… Read full this story
- Apple purges 46,000 apps from its Chinese App Store
- Apple removes 39,000 game apps from China store to meet deadline
- Devin Nunes Complains on Fox News 'Republicans Have No Way to Communicate' if Parler Taken Down
- 2020’s Big Winners: Billionaires, Silicon Valley Tech Lords, and Communist China
- We Found The Factories Inside China’s Mass Internment Camps
- The best new TV shows of 2021
- 9 Big Tech Platforms that Have Blacklisted President Donald Trump
- Conservative Groups Back Ken Buck for Leadership Role to Investigate Google
- Snowflake staff at Penguin Random House Canada ridiculed after they 'broke down in tears' in bid to block conservative psychologist Jordan Peterson's new book, claiming he's an 'icon of white supremacy'
- Deadline’s Disruptors To Remember In A Year To Forget
Apple and Amazon Bow to Strict Chinese Censorship Regulations have 342 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 1, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.