Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’s Kurt Russell wowed audiences when he revealed that the younger look he sported in flashback scenes was largely thanks to make-up, not visual effects. However, it took a lot more than some concealer and a wig to make Ego the Living Planet look 30 years younger. In an interview with Yahoo! Movies, visual effects supervisor Chris Townsend shared that Russell’s final de-aged look for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was only about 20-percent makeup and the rest was thanks to digital effects. This contradicts Russell, who previously told outlets like IGN they’d hardly used any CGI to alter his face after shooting the scenes. “[A visual effects staffer] said, ‘What do you think of what we did to you?’ And I said, ‘Well, it’s my understanding that you guys didn’t have to do a whole lot. It was pretty much what we shot live touched up.’ She said, ‘That’s true,’” Russell told Vanity Fair in May. Townsend said the visual effects department went to Russell and his makeup artist Dennis Liddiard and asked them to make him look “as young as possible” for the scenes. They put mapping dots on his face so… Read full this story
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3: Has James Gunn been rehired to direct?
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 filming DELAYED to 2021 – NEW director reveal soon?
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3: Sean Gunn gives BIG update on Avengers 4 sequel
- James Gunn Confirms Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Timeline...Sort Of
- ‘Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy’ review: A ‘flarking’ good game, that’s probably better than the movies
- Google Pixel 6 Pro vs. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra: Who wins? | Digital Trends
- Five Things I Wish I Knew When I Started ‘Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy’
- Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) review | Digital Trends
- I hate to say it, but Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy needs to feel more like work
- Did Covid Change How We Dream?
It Turns Out That Visual Effects Actually Did a Lot to De-Age Kurt Russell in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 have 324 words, post on io9.gizmodo.com at August 11, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.