ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) New Jersey officials say the U.S. Supreme Court should strike down a ban on sports betting in all but four states because it wrongly forces states to enforce a regulation that Congress wants. The high court will hear New Jersey’s argument this fall that the ban is not legal because it exceeds the authority of Congress. The state has been trying for nearly a decade to legalize sports betting and grab a share of the estimated $150 billion that is bet illegally on sports each year. After being rebuffed in its efforts to regulate legal sports betting, New Jersey tried a different tactic: repealing its regulations regarding sports betting, leaving no law in place at all. The question to be decided by the justices is this: Does a federal statute that prohibits modification or repeal of state-law prohibitions on private conduct impermissibly usurp the regulatory power of states? Major professional and collegiate sports leagues oppose New Jersey’s effort to legalize sports betting, saying it would threaten the perceived integrity of the games. In filings with the high court made Tuesday evening, New Jersey took aim at a law called the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act… Read full this story
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Roe V. Wade Decision In Draft Of Majority Opinion, Report Says | The Daily Wire
- Supreme Court May Soon Loosen Gun Laws As Nation Reels From Massacres
- Is the Supreme Court About to Turn New York Into the Wild West?
- Supreme Court draft opinion that would overturn Roe v. Wade published by Politico
- What to know about the stunning disclosure of a draft Supreme Court opinion that could spell the end of national abortion rights
- Crowd gathers outside the Supreme Court after draft opinion circulated that would strike down Roe v. Wade
- Here’s How Oklahoma Banned Abortion Even Before Supreme Court Overturns Roe V. Wade
- Supreme Court abortion bombshell suggests a staggering change in American life
- UK scientists warn US Supreme Court abortion decision will leave ‘women’s blood on hands’
- New Jersey casinos pass pre-pandemic revenue levels in April
New Jersey to US Supreme Court: Strike down sports bet ban have 344 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 29, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.