The Apple Watch Series 3 looks, acts, and feels almost exactly the same as the Series 2 with a key difference—LTE wireless connectivity, whether your iPhone is nearby or not. We tested the Series 3 on-site at Apple's unveiling event, including trying just a few of the new features. If you liked the previous model, you'll like the Series 3. If you didn't, there's not much different besides LTE. But maybe LTE is what's been holding you back—it is for a lot of people. So let's get into it. How LTE works on the watch The Series 3 watch still uses your iPhone's connection when the phone is nearby, but as soon as you move away from the phone, the Series 3 LTE seamlessly kicks in. We weren't able to test this at the event; all the Watches on display were flying solo, sans phones. You can make calls directly from the Watch by tapping a button on the top-left corner of the watch face. From there, you can browse contacts to reach out to through a few interfaces: favorites, recents, contacts, and the keypad. So it's just like using your phone—or really, like the previous Apple Watch, for the… Read full this story
- Apple Watch Series 8 vs. Apple Watch Series 7 | Digital Trends
- The Apple Watch Series 8 isn't ready to replace my Series 5 | Digital Trends
- Apple Watch Ultra Hands-On: A Huge, Pricey Smartwatch With a New Look
- How to pre-order the new Apple Watch Series 8, SE, and Ultra | Digital Trends
- Apple Watch Series 8 review: How do you make the best smartwatch better?
- Son’s Apple Watch Series 8 catches parent’s potentially fatal heart condition days after launch
- Apple Watch Series 8: Hands-on with the new Hermès Lucky Horse face
- Deals: M1 MacBook Air hits $850 low, Apple Watch Series 7 cellular styles $200 off, more
- Apple Watch Ultra, Watch Series 8 & Watch SE 2 get more power. New report reveals battery capacity
- The Apple Watch SE 2 made me think twice about the Series 8 | Digital Trends
Apple Watch Series 3 hands-on: LTE could be the watershed moment have 337 words, post on arstechnica.com at September 13, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.