Introduction China (ZhMngguó/ZhMnghuá), officially the People’s Republic of China (PRC), is the most populous state in the world, with over 1.3 billion citizens. Located in East Asia, the country cov… Introduction China (ZhMngguó/ZhMnghuá), officially the People’s Republic of China (PRC), is the most populous state in the world, with over 1.3 billion citizens. Located in East Asia, the country covers approximately 9.6 million square kilometers (3.7 million square miles). It is the world’s second-largest country by land area, and the third- or fourth-largest in total area, depending on the definition of total area. The People’s Republic of China is a single-party state governed by the Communist Party of China. It exercises jurisdiction over 22 provinces, five autonomous regions, four directly controlled municipalities (Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, and Chongqing), and two mostly self-governing special administrative regions (SARs), Hong Kong and Macau. Its capital city is Beijing. The PRC also claims the island of Taiwan, which is controlled by the government of the Republic of China, as its 23rd province, a claim controversial due to the complex political status of Taiwan and the unresolved Chinese Civil War. China’s landscape is vast and diverse, with forest steppes and the Gobi and Taklamakan… Read full this story
- Xi: China will steadfastly advance opening-up
- Covid-hit China keeps vigil at borders, restricts local tourism
- China rushes to debunk rumours of war with Taiwan after fake draft texts
- What next for China's zero-Covid strategy, as herd immunity hopes face Delta hurdle?
- Career or family? China's Covid-19 isolation forces expats to choose
- Man in China detained after posting meme of dog wearing police hat to protest against Covid-19 restrictions
- 'I forgot I was pregnant': Teacher in China saves choking girl with Heimlich manoeuvre
- Deng Deng, the abandoned Shiba Inu, sells for $25k at auction in China
- China to hold those who support 'Taiwan independence' criminally liable for life
- East China's Wuhu opens its first monorail line
China Part I have 311 words, post on www.articlesfactory.com at September 15, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.