WASHINGTON — The old congressman was scuttling his way through the tunnel. Pap, pap, pap. The tap of his penny loafers was the only music you could hear that time of night. The old congressman was late. But he was taking his time. This week had been long enough. And there is no one alive in a position to tell John Lewis what to do. Lewis was searching for his words. The second most-tenured black congressman was trying to pull together what happened the last few days. The president had found the latest targets for his vitriol — the NFL and NBA and, more specifically, the black athletes within the sports who had led protests or spoken out against the president. Congress would have to react, but how? Meanwhile, the world seemed in chaos. Rhetoric between North Korea and President Donald Trump escalated. Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands were without power. Health care was on the line for Americans. Yet despite all this, the president seemed transfixed on one main topic: protesting black athletes and the leagues in which they play. “I’m somewhat shocked he would go down this road,” Lewis said. For a week, Trump issued statement after… Read full this story
- Howzat? Social Media in Fits of Laughter at Donald Trump’s Pronunciation of Indian Cricket Legend
- Sombre Donald Trump pays tribute to ‘great, great’ Queen who inspired the UK to ‘defeat the enemy at all costs’ with the US during WW2
- Knitting website's war on Trump forces crafting community to confront racism
- Donald Trump dares 'corrupt' Bloomberg News to weigh in on Mike Bloomberg after billionaire boss says he will sell his company if he wins the White House
- Donald Trump and Rap Came Up Together, and Now They’re Coming Apart
- ‘Spy’ Comes Back From the Dead to Torment Donald Trump
- US President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania stroll the grounds of Taj Mahal
- Could Donald Trump Lose His Job for Defending Saudi Arabia? Senator Says, 'President Violated the Law'
- Iran puts $80m bounty on Donald Trump’s head and threatens to attack the White House
- Donald Trump's impeachment articles will be sent to senators TODAY: Historic House vote will be followed by procession through the Capitol to deliver the articles, which was last seen before Bill Clinton's trial
Lawmakers of color expected a culture war from Donald Trump. Just not in sports. have 377 words, post on www.sbnation.com at September 29, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.