On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of relations between Vietnam and the Republic of Korea (RoK), the Korea – Vietnam Food & Culture Festival 2017 will take place at My Dinh National Stadium in Hanoi on October 27-29, co-organized by the Embassy of the RoK in Vietnam, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Korean Association in Hanoi, the Korea Agro-Fisheries Trade Corporation (aT), the Korea Project on International Agricultural (KOPIA), the Korea Tourism Organization, and the Korea Culture Center in Hanoi.
The festival will introduce and exchange the culture and cuisine of the two countries and promote relations between in the future.
An electronic dance music (EDM) party will bring an animated atmosphere to the capital on October 27, with Vietnamese artist Soobin Hoang Son and famous Vietnamese DJs. On October 28, artists from Vietnam and the RoK, such as Noo Phuoc Thinh, Haha, and Lee Kwang Soo will bring their best performances. On October 29, the last day of the festival, visitors will be entertained with more cultural activities, including a performance by Kim Dong Kyu, the well-known South Korean singer, and movie screenings at the Lotte Cinema.
Seventy pavilions will showcase products from famous brands in the RoK, including Binggrae, Nongshim, Miwon, Chonggak house, Chungjungwon, Samyang food, and Dongwon, among others.
Several other pavilions will introduce visitors to traditional Kimchi food and Hanbok costumes, in addition to typical farm produce from RoK localities.
Beloved South Korean chef Lee Won Il will join a Vietnam-ROK MasterChef competition as instructor and judging panel member. An RoK-Vietnam’s Got Talent show will be also held. The competition and the show are expected to attract large numbers of participants.
The festival was first held in 2008 and has become one of the major cultural activities between the two countries. Last year’s festival attracted more than 100,000 visitors.
- UN official says N. Korea needs food, medicine, clean water
- Pummels Bourdain For Leaving ‘Crude Hickey On Food Culture’
- Dialogue of Cultures festival launches $40,000 grant
- “A Straight Shot into the Vein”: Pitching Documentaries at Points North Pitch at the Camden International Film Festival 2017
- Google CEO Eric Schmidt Sweeps Into South Korea, Promotes Local Cultural Initiative
- Post-Romero Zombies and Others in a Trump World: Fantasia International Film Festival 2017
- Nova Scotia food film festival rebrands and expands
- Berlin Film Festival 2017: Screen's top 11 movies
- Big Sky Documentary Film Festival 2017 Announces Full Lineup
- 'A Taxi Driver' director Jang Hoon talks South Korea’s biggest hit of 2017