Hanoi(VNA) – Lao President Bounnhang Vorachith on October 18 sent a message to President Tran Dai Quang conveying his sympathies to the Vietnamese Party, Government and people over the recent devastating floods that caused heavy losses in both human lives and property.
He expressed belief that with the instruction and attention of the Vietnamese Party, Government from central to local levels, the Vietnamese people will overcome difficulties and stablise the life of the community in flood-hit areas soon.
Learning Vietnam’s suffering from the disaster, Medardo Gonzalez, Secretary General of the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front (FMLN), the ruling party of El Salvador, extended his sympathies to General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam Nguyen Phu Trong and flood-hit victims.
Continuous downpours from October 10 triggered floods and landslides in Vietnam’s northern and north central regions, causing huge human and property losses.
As of October 16, floods in some northern mountainous and central localities killed 75 people, injured 38, left 28 others missing and forced 2,604 households to evacuate.-VNA
- FIFA bans El Salvador coach for two years for role in match-fixing case
- Brazil to face El Salvador in Washington D.C. in September
- Revolution Precrafted expands to Central America, Lands El Salvador Deal
- Derby Carrillo, El Salvador seeking progress at the Gold Cup
- To Influence El Salvador, China Dangled Money. The U.S. Made Threats.
- U.S. deals with nipple twisting and biting in Gold Cup win over El Salvador
- El Salvador players banned 6 and 3 games after biting U.S. players
- LAFC sign El Salvador striker Rodolfo 'Fito' Zelaya to two-year deal
- Jozy Altidore, Tim Howard laugh off bite incident as U.S. beat El Salvador
- Bruce Arena: El Salvador a 'difficult' test for U.S. in Gold Cup quarterfinals