The news that American actress, Rose Marie, has died at the age of 94 adds to a list of over 100 notable names from the world of entertainment, sport and politics that have died in 2017. DECEMBER Rose Marie, 94, actress and American showbiz legend Broadway and television actress Rose Marie was best known for her role as Sally Rogers on “The Dick Van Dyke Show.” Born Rose Marie Mazetta on August 15, 1923, in New York, she began performing at age 3 by winning an amateur contest that took her to Atlantic City, New Jersey. During a career that spanned nine decades, Rose Marie - who went only by her first name professionally – was also famous for appearing for years on the game show “The Hollywood Squares,” which featured celebrities sitting in boxes on a life-size tic-tac-toe board. Heather Menzies-Urich, 68, actress best known for her role in The Sound of Music Heather Menzies-Urich played the third oldest of the Von Trapp children, Louisa Von Trapp, in the popular Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, died aged 68 following a battle with brain cancer. Leon Bernicoff, 83, Gogglebox’s beloved star Retired teacher, Leon Bernicoff, became an unusual television star late in life when he and his wife June… Read full this story
- Meet the new faces of fiction for 2017
- Cringe behind-the-scenes photos reveal the famous faces who’re also bored Instagram husbands – including Peter Crouch and Kanye West
- ET Awards 2017: When India Inc bosses chatted about 3G at dinner!
- PIERS MORGAN: I didn’t believe a word Prince Pinocchio said about his pedophile friend and fiend Epstein in his stomach-churning interview – and if he now doesn’t tell the FBI what he really knows, then he’s finished in public life
- Macron’s fresh faces introduce themselves to France’s voters
- Mother-of-two, 30, was branded a 'monster' after she was ravaged by a mystery illness that caused her nose to fall into her face
- Princess Diana remembered in The Sun’s historic front pages 22 years on from her death
- Edinburgh festival 2017: the shows we recommend
- The Best and Worst Moments in the Comics of 2017
- I’m A Celeb viewers in hysterics as fan spots Donald Trump’s FACE in Nadine Coyle’s KNEE
Remembering 102 famous faces we've said goodbye to in 2017 have 356 words, post on www.eveningtimes.co.uk at October 22, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.