Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong on October 24 hosted a reception for Lao Deputy Prime Minister Sonexay Siphandone in Hanoi.
Sonexay Siphandone expressed his sympathy for human and property losses suffered by Vietnamese people during the recent devastating floods and expressed his belief that under the leadership of the CPV, Vietnamese people will overcome difficulties and challenges to reap greater achievements in the reform process.
He briefed his host on the recent situation in his nation, outcomes of his talks with Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh and working results with ministries and sectors of Vietnam.
He assured the Lao Government’s readiness to closely work with its Vietnamese counterpart to instruct ministries, agencies and localities to effectively realize agreements signed by senior leaders of the two Parties and countries, as well as agreements reached at the 39th meeting of the Inter-Governmental Committee, while preparing for the 40th meeting of the committee.
Party leader Trong urged the two Governments to instruct ministries, agencies, localities and businesses to work hand in hand to effectively implement Vietnam-Laos joint statements, high-level agreements reached by leaders of the CPV and the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party (LPRP) as well as the two countries, cooperation agreements between the two Governments, along with joint programmes and plans.
He suggested intensifying the exchange of information, experience and devising measures to actualize resolutions adopted at national congresses of each Party.
The General Secretary called for concerted efforts to prepare for the 40th meeting of the Vietnam-Laos Inter-Governmental Committee, and launch a string of activities marking the Vietnam-Laos Solidarity and Friendship Year 2017.
Vietnam strongly supports the reform cause in Laos and believes that under the leadership of the LPRP, the management of the Government and the supervision of the National Assembly, Lao people will obtain more achievements in the reform process, Trong said.
- Rousing speech as girls cricket team enjoys growing recognition
- Pakistan, US resetting ties amid changing geopolitical situation: Maleeha Lodhi
- US transfers patrol boats to Vietnam
- China's Xi Jinping seeks to win support in Vietnam amid ongoing maritime dispute
- Leona Lewis pictured with rarely seen boyfriend of SEVEN years as she shares cheeky snaps from romantic holiday in Vietnam
- Srebrenica survivor left for dead by firing squad that killed 8,000 returns 21 years after massacre
- Theresa May is a plastic prat: THIS is how you save the planet
- Is Chinese investment taking over the Mekong?
- Peter Ball, paedo bishop and pal of Prince Charles is free from prison halfway through his sentence for abusing 18 teen boys
- Who is James Hillery? Great British Bake Off 2017 contestant and Royal Navy Reserves diver eliminated in pudding week