Consumers are stuck paying £53 a month on subscriptions they no longer want. Citizens Advice today warns that many people are being enticed into taking out memberships or services which they then struggle to cancel. Its research covered everything from gyms and TV to insurances and online streaming services. The charity analysed 586 cases of people who came to it with subscription problems between June and August. The average person had paid £160 in that time, or £53 a month, on services no longer wanted. And nine in 10 who tried to cancel were initially told by their provider that they could not. Citizens Advice chief Gillian Guy said: “Subscriptions are very easy to sign up to but can be difficult to get out of. “People are wasting time and energy trying to cancel [them] while paying out of pocket.” The study found firms routinely asking for more notice, up to six months in some cases. And one person told Citizens Advice they had tried to cancel after being made redundant, only to be asked for proof from their employer, including a P45. As part of National Consumer Week, Citizens Advice and the Consumer Protection Partnership are urging firms to… Read full this story
- Hulu drops price of its most popular streaming plan
- Netflix for conservatives? Fox News introduces Fox Nation, a streaming app
- Consumer giants spurn risks to chase online subscribers
- The Big Online Dating Rebrand
- Comcast's new streaming service, rivaling Netflix, is all about the ads
- Everyday Health Group Acquires Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., the Leading Healthcare Provider Research and Ratings Company
- Live-Streaming Your Broke Self for Rent Money
- Netflix can’t chill: It will face a flood of new streaming competitors this year
- Roku adds mobile viewing, one-click subscriptions to grow cord cutting
- Is streaming still cheaper than cable, even with price hikes from Netflix?
Consumers wasting £53 a month on unwanted gym, television and online streaming subscriptions, says research have 294 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 27, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.