The vaccine, Dengvaxia, has already been given to more than 730,000 public school children age nine or older in three regions of the Philippines in an effort to prevent the potentially deadly mosquito-borne virus. © REUTERS / Ivan AlvaradoInstant Dengue, Zika Viruses Tests ‘Work Like Typical Pregnancy Test’ Dengue can cause severe flu-like symptoms and can in some cases progress to cause breathing issues, hemorrhaging and organ failure. The manufacturer of the vaccine, France-based Sanofi Pasteur, recently revealed that six years of clinical data show that the vaccine could worsen the disease in people who were not previously infected with the virus. A Philippine NGO recently claimed that they received information that three children vaccinated with Dengvaxia in the Philippines had died, although Department of Health Undersecretary Gerardo Bayugo told Reuters that the three children died due to causes unrelated to the vaccine and that no deaths caused by the vaccine have been reported so far. “As far as we know, as far as we are made aware, there are no reported deaths that are related to the dengue vaccination,” Ruby Dizon, the medical director at Sanofi Pasteur in the Philippines, told Reuters recently. Last week, the Philippines Department of Health prohibited the use of Dengvaxia. On Monday, the Department of Justice ordered the National Bureau of Investigation to investigate “the alleged danger to public health… and if evidence so… Read full this story
- Dengue patients’ reluctance to go to hospital amid COVID-19 pandemic could prove deadly: doctors
- Scientists infect mosquitoes with bacteria to stop the transmission of dengue fever in Indonesia, dropping infection rates by 77 percent
- Dengue In Times Of Corona - A Double Whammy!
- Arvind Kejriwal kickstarts Delhi govt’s anti-dengue campaign
- CM launches anti-dengue drive, seeks participation of residents
- Kejriwal launches anti-dengue drive, seeks participation of residents
- Rodrigo Duterte Baffles Philippines with Claim He May Have Cancer
- Death toll from dengue fever in Laos rises to 11
- Singapore battles record dengue outbreak with more mosquitoes
- Singapore battles record dengue outbreak with more than 26000 cases
Dengue Prevention Program in Philippines Could Actually Worsen Disease have 334 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 4, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.