A coroner is trying to trace relatives of serial killer Robert Black to establish if they want to participate in his inquest. Scottish-born Black was convicted of murdering Morley schoolgirl Sarah Harper and three other children, but suspected of many more. He died of heart disease in a Northern Ireland prison in 2016 at the age of 68. The paedophile from Falkirk was a delivery driver who stalked the roads of the UK searching for victims. Sarah, of Brunswick Place, was on her way back from a nearby corner shop when she was snatched and murdered in 1986. Four weeks later, a dog walker found the 10-year-old’s body floating in the River Trent at Wilford near Nottingham. At a preliminary hearing in Belfast ahead of his inquest later this year, Coroner Patrick McGurgan said relatives should be offered the chance to give evidence. “I think all efforts need to be made to trace the next of kin,” he said. A lawyer for the Coroners Service said he believed that some relations may live in Northern Ireland. Mr McGurgan suggested lawyers who represented Black in trials prior to his death might be able to help trace relatives. “I think it’s important… Read full this story
- Michael Guider's mystery illness is REVEALED after he emerges from prison with a gigantic lump as killer paedophile's brother warns he WILL reoffend
- The lonely outback stretch of road where 11 people - from hitchhikers to schoolgirls - have disappeared, the suspected killers and the mysteries which still haunt their families
- How historical fact makes right-wing fantasies more plausible
- What have we learned so far?
- London’s fire symptomatic of larger safety issues globally
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies at 92
- London fire: Who are the victims?
- Inmates involved in Brazil prison massacre to be transferred
- 'He's already got a bit of facial hair!' Playful Harry makes case for son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor taking after him as he breaks out dad jokes and ribs giggly Meghan over baby's calm persona in hilarious clip
- Syrian father and son buried as New Zealand massacre funerals begin
Coroner seeks relatives of paedophile who killed Morley schoolgirl Sarah Harper have 342 words, post on www.yorkshirepost.co.uk at January 11, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.