AVOID the crowds on your travels this year with our ultimate guide to the hippest holiday destinations.We’ve compiled a list of ten untapped gems with insider tips from locals, travel advice and general tips so you can holiday this year hassle-free!The low-down: You might recognise this honey-coloured city from Game of Thrones, where it’s doubled as King’s Landing.“Valletta is packed with beautiful waterside buildings and remnants of its colourful Mediterranean history,” says Lonely Planet travel expert Tom Hall.“And it’s a 2018 European Capital of Culture, so there’s a year-long calendar of events, concerts and exhibitions.”The city attracts a super-cool music crowd, with summer’s Isle of MTV and RadioDJ Annie Mac’s Lost & Found Festival, where Diplo and Jamie xx will headline.Check out Italian architect Renzo Piano’s impressive City Gate area, then hit The Harbour Club, a jazz bar and restaurant inside an old fort.When to go: April, to miss the crowds and enjoy temperatures in the 20s.Fly away: Flights start from £34 return (Ryanair.com).The low-down: This party city is loved for its all-night clubs and the stylish bars of hipster ’hood Palermo, where you’ll also find plenty of fashion boutiques, street art, galleries and bohemian coffee shops.“It’s the city that… Read full this story
- The 15 best destinations for January sun
- From Newcastle and New Zealand to the Killing Fields of Cambodia
- 10 incredible gap year destinations that work out at great value too
- Everything you need to know for an unforgettable trip to Cambodia
- The 10 most beautiful destinations on Earth – by the world's greatest photographers
- can Grand Designs couple overcome skeletons and the British weather to turn their 200-year-old folly into a home?
- The world's 27 greatest bars that capture the spirit of their city
- From corporate to start-up: my career epiphany
- 7 ideas for your travel bucket list
- You can nab an 11-night holiday using just four days of annual leave this winter – here's where to go
Dig out your passport and get ready to tick off this year’s hippest destinations… from Cambodia to Buenos Aires have 328 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 14, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.