A STRATFORD woman who now lives in Australia has made history by becoming one of the very first people in a same-sex couple to legally marry under new Australian law. Sophie Meredith and Alison Gerard were married on Wahluu in a unique ceremony on the evening of 28th December – before same-sex marriages became legal at midnight on Tuesday, 9th January. Sophie and Alison were given special dispensation to marry before the new law took effect to allow a gravely ill family member to attend. And their nuptials were witnessed by relatives live through Skype ten-and-a-half-thousand miles away back home in Kineton. Sophie, aged 39, who lived in Wellesbourne and Stratford up until 2007, was educated at Stratford Girls’ Grammar School, Kingsley and Kineton, had the joy of knowing that her wedding ceremony was being watched by her whole family. Despite the 11-hour time difference, the Meredith family of mum Janet, dad Dieh, sisters Chloe and Lucy and brother Barney, from Lower Quinton, gathered at Lucy’s Kineton home at 7am with Lucy’s husband Rhys Thomas to watch the two hour–long wedding service which they enjoyed with a special wedding breakfast of smoked haddock, champagne and strawberries, specially arranged by Sophie… Read full this story
- U.S. Bishops ‘Gravely Disappointed’ Over Passage of Same-Sex Marriage Act
- Seeking Marriage Equality for People With Disabilities
- My husband watched porn whilst we were having sex – I’m devastated
- The Love Diaries: 'At every stage of planning our same-sex wedding, we were reminded: 'this isn’t for you''
- Inside Bidens’ tangled love lives & controversies as First Family deal with Hunter’s laptop, ‘cheating,’ death & divorce
- President Trump Impeached By The House In Historic Rebuke
- Wife catches Marine husband cheating on craigslist after they move overseas
- Book World: Dick Gregory was many things. Filtered was not one of them.
- Kate and William tour hit by double trouble after Sussexes drop Netflix docuseries teaser
- Being George Clooney is tougher than it looks
Family 'log on' to witness historic same-sex marriage have 317 words, post on www.stratford-herald.com at January 19, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.