0 Have your say Former women and equalities minister Jo Swinson is at the forefront of the battle to bring an end to gender inequality. She talks to Chris Bond. In years to come, 2017 may well come to be seen as a watershed moment in the fight against sexism.The initial shock and revulsion at the scale of the harassment allegations that emerged against disgraced movie producer Harvey Weinstein quickly turned to anger. It has become a scandal that’s travelled far beyond Hollywood, sending seismic shockwaves through the high powered worlds of business and politics. It was this groundswell of anger that spawned the #MeToo and #TimesUp social media campaigns and brought together women (and men) from around the world to share their stories of sexual harassment.Then came last week’s story, exposed by an undercover journalist, of a men-only charity dinner hosted by the Presidents Club where hostesses, who had been instructed to wear skimpy black outfits with matching underwear and high heels, were reportedly groped and subjected to lewd comments by the guests.It was a depressing reminder, should we have needed one, that sexism is very much alive and well in Britain today. Jo Swinson, the former women and… Read full this story
- Who is Jo Swinson? Liberal Democrat leader’s voting record and constituency
- Jo Swinson fails to tread line between ambition and delusion
- Is this Jo Swinson's bacon sandwich moment? Lib Dem leader awkwardly eats marshmallow in excruciating moment that echoes Ed Miliband's infamous battle with a buttie
- General election: Jo Swinson promises £50bn 'Remain bonus' if Lib Dems win power
- I'm not anti-democratic for vowing to cancel Brexit, says Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson
- General Election: Jo Swinson has a Facebook problem
- Marie Juchacz: A life for justice and equality
- What Would A Less Gendered World Really Look Like?
- Michelle Williams Didn’t Deserve Equal Pay to Mark Wahlberg. She Deserved More.
- Gender Wrap
Jo Swinson on the struggle for gender equality and why sexism has to end have 314 words, post on www.yorkshirepost.co.uk at January 31, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.