The new year is now upon us. Unfortunately, my mother and father weren’t with me and my family to welcome in the new year, and we may not see them in 2018 without help from the White House. My parents, Ola and Hosam Khalaf, are two of the estimated 60,000 political prisoners in Egypt. They were arrested on June 30, without a warrant or an explanation. They have each spent more than 160 days in solitary confinement, in 5-foot by 6-foot cells on a concrete floor, without running water, a window or ventilation. They have also been denied all visits by family and by legal counsel at their prisons. My mother is only allowed to use the bathroom for 5 minutes a day. We only know they are alive when, every 45 days, they are brought before a judge to renew their detention orders, and they are placed in a glass cage. Only recently were they allowed a few minutes of supervised discussion with their lawyer. Why are they being held? Egypt has claimed, through some state media, that they have been supporting the Muslim Brotherhood, which Egypt classifies as a terrorist group. But the state has not shown or… Read full this story
- Book traces Mike Pence's 'path to power'
- VP Mike Pence: US to impose sanctions if Brunson not released
- North Korea hits out at Mike Pence remark
- Mike Pence: Venezuela’s election was a sham
- Report: Pence family's failed gas stations cost taxpayers $20 million
- Family name helps Pence brother win GOP bid for House seat
- Republican congressman introduces bill which would require all US post offices to hang photos of Trump and Pence
- The appointments of John Bolton and Mike Pompeo in the US bring us closer to war in the Middle East
- Mike Myers returns as Dr Evil to mock Donald Trump and announce presidential candidacy with Mark Zuckerberg
- Mike Pompeo dodges Russia questions in confirmation hearing for secretary of state
Mike Pence, Free My Family Imprisoned in Egypt have 311 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 18, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.