Twitter has said it believes only 1% of the bots unearthed during an influential university study into Brexit were actually Russian.In a letter addressed to UK legislators trying to uncover the extent of any Russian meddling in the 2016 EU referendum, Twitter largely dismissed the relevance of a City University study which found 13,000 bots tweeting about Brexit.Nick Pickles, head of policy for Twitter in the UK, said the bots weren’t evidence of direct Russian interference in the referendum, or through a Moscow-linked organisation known as the Internet Research Agency.”In reviewing the accounts identified by City University, we found that 1% of the accounts in the dataset were registered in Russia,” Pickles said in his letter to the Commons digital culture, media, and sport committee.”While many of the accounts identified by City University were in violation of the Twitter rules regarding spam, at this time, we do not have sufficiently strong evidence to enable us to conclusively link them with Russia or indeed the Internet Research Agency.”It’s the second time Twitter has responded to UK MPs to play down the idea Russia had used the social media platform to affect the outcome of the Brexit referendum.And for the second time… Read full this story
- Brexit deal is DONE: Boris Johnson SEALS historic Brexit deal with EU as UK claims to have won TWICE as many concessions as Brussels and von der Leyen laments 'parting is such sweet sorrow'
- Outrage as president Macron says Brexit is the product of 'lies and false promises' in annual address delivered hours after his own father denounced him as a 'self-serving' politician
- More experts say peak of second wave 'has already PASSED': Scientists further undermine need for national lockdown as study finds R rate is 1 and cases are falling in the North and Scotland
- After Brexit, Labour Needs Its Own Boris Johnson
- Brits flood internet with memes and joke ‘sovereignty is coming’ as Brexit deal done after 4.5 years of wrangling
- WATCH: GameStop Rebellion Is Populist Successor to Trump and Brexit, Says Farage
- What Philip Hammond's Brexit candour tells us about politics
- Losing Key Data on Migration Due to COVID, Brexit is Part and Parcel of UK's Problem, Academic Says
- 'Texit' Vote? Brexit Inspires Texas Nationalists Who Want to Leave U.S.
- EU agrees to 'reset' its relations with Northern Ireland as Michael Gove says the bloc has accepted it 'made a mistake' with plan for border controls to stop Covid vaccine getting to Britain
Twitter Says Only About 1% Of Bots That Apparently Messed With Brexit Were Actually Russian have 405 words, post on www.buzzfeed.com at January 25, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.