The Instagram poet Yrsa Daley-Ward has had a difficult life – an unsettled childhood, the loss of her mother and struggles with depression. But it’s these things, she says, that have made her the person she is and added an extra dimension to her first, recently published collection, Bone.It was an episode of Coronation Street that prompted Yrsa Daley-Ward’s mother to make a confession. The soap’s storyline revealed that one character long supposed to have been another’s father, was in fact her stepfather.And that was what Daley-Ward’s mother suddenly came out with too – the man Yrsa had been brought up to believe was her dad was not her dad after all.It was a shock, but far from the only episode in her childhood worthy of a soap.Daley-Ward describes her relationship with her mother as “interesting”. While her biological father was never part of her life, her mother was also far away for four very important years.”Growing up, my mum had to make lots of decisions that I didn’t understand at the time,” she says.After splitting up from her “father”, Daley-Ward’s mother had to work nights and she decided to send her children out of London to Lancashire, to live… Read full this story
- Elon Musk’s Chicago tunnel project is on shaky political ground
- Psalm 23
- 1998 somehow brought us boy bands, nü-metal, and Neutral Milk Hotel
- The Nigel Farage story
- Season 2 of Iron Fist recognizes that Danny Rand is the worst
- What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- Xinhua Headlines: Death is not end of life -- the story of a "one-man" team
- A beginner’s guide to the Spike Lee Joints
- In Academia, Professors Coming Onto You Is on the Syllabus
Yrsa Daley-Ward: The model who turned her pain into poetry have 294 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at January 7, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.