Excited for Black Panther? So are we. Which is why we’re rolling out obsessive coverage with Black Panther Week. We knew Black Panther would be a hit. And now, the box office figures are here to prove it. The latest chapter in the Marvel Cinematic Universe opened with an estimated $218 million earned over the weekend, including Monday’s holiday. That’s enough to give King T’Challa’s adventures in Wakanda a second-place finish among all other MCU movie openings. SEE ALSO: Everything you need to know before watching ‘Black Panther’ Black Panther’s Friday-Saturday-Sunday opening accounts for an estimated $192 million. That’s just enough to secure an all time top-five finish among Friday-Saturday-Sunday opening weekends, behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($248 million), Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($220 million), Jurassic World ($208.8 million), and The Avengers ($207.4 million). At least part of the sensational box office success is due to the fact that the movie dropped in February. The early months of the year are typically quiet ones for Hollywood, though risk-averse studios have more recently taken advantage of the period’s empty release calendar to showcase unproven blockbusters. In 2016, that was Deadpool. The R-rated superhero movie was in many ways… Read full this story
- The Biggest Box Office Bombs Of 2018: Deadline’s Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Chart of the day: Black Panther punches above its weight in Marvel box office takings
- Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Sinks to Lowest Point Since 1999
- ‘Venom’ Devours $111M In China Debut, Bonds With $674M Global – International Box Office
- Detective Pikachu Slides Into 2nd as Endgame Continues Dominating the Box Office
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $739M Global – International Box Office
- Pirates 5 Wins Memorial Day Weekend Box Office with $77 Million
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Makes The Rockin’ World Go Round With $123M Global Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Venom’ Coursing In China With $79M For $100M+ Weekend Bow; Will Lash Past $600M Global Box Office Today
- Can Baywatch Beat Pirates 5 at the Memorial Day Box Office?
'Black Panther' just had the biggest box office debut ever for a Marvel solo movie have 328 words, post on mashable.com at February 18, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.