A year ago the internet raged against an app with #DeleteUber. Now, it’s time to #DeleteHQ. By HQ, the internet means HQ trivia, the app that quietly launched in July and now invites more than 1 million people to play trivia every day. Why are people campaigning to delete HQ after less than six months into the app’s rise and popularity? Well, the hashtag movement gained traction after Recode reported late Thursday that HQ is raising $15 million. But it’s not the money we’re mad about. It’s who the money is from. SEE ALSO: HQ to trivia winners: No more minimum balance for cashing out Peter Thiel’s Founder Fund is reportedly leading the round. That’s the man who shut down Gawker, spoke at the Republican National Convention for Donald Trump, and is fascinated by young people’s blood. As Katie Roscher tweeted, “Fuck that guy.” HuffPost reporter Ashley Feinberg called for others to join her in deleting the app. Another user suggested downloading competitor Q. It’s not just about Peter Thiel for HQ players like Tim Baker, who sited a few other reasons to #DeleteHQ: But for others, Thiel is 100 percent the reason to ditch the app. It’s unclear how… Read full this story
- Britain faces lockdown limbo: Tory fury as Matt Hancock hints at tougher enforcement saying 'nothing is ruled out' and admitting new squeeze to fight 'out of control' mutant Covid will last MONTHS – with vaccines only hope of escape
- What the Drug War Could Look Like Under President Trump
- 20 Things That Made the World a Better Place in 2020
- It's here! RAF jet touches down in London with historic Brexit trade deal for Boris Johnson to sign, after beaming EU chiefs do the honours in Brussels - with MPs set to give their seal of approval
- Science’s pirate queen
- The 40 best true crime series to watch on Netflix right now
- Everything MUST go: Debenhams cuts up to 70% off online items while stores will open TOMORROW for 'Wild Wednesday' fire sale of all remaining stock as 242-year-old chain collapses 24 hours after Arcadia - leaving 25,000 jobs at risk
- Former No 10 adviser Sir Robbie Gibb launches a TV rival to 'woke wet BBC' in the wake of its Rule Britannia debacle as opponents label the corporation the 'most biased propaganda machine in the world'
- How “Ratatouille” Went From TikTok To An (Almost) Broadway Musical
#DeleteHQ: HQ Trivia's new funding may come from Peter Thiel, and the internet is revolting have 395 words, post on mashable.com at February 2, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.