Home / News / UK and world by Press Association February 5, 2018, 4:40 pm FacebookTwitterLinkedInWhatsAppEmail Sign up to our Daily newsletter US President Donald Trump has triggered another extraordinary spat with Theresa May’s Government after claiming the NHS was “going broke and not working”. Downing Street said the Prime Minister was “proud” of the NHS and its funding was “at a record high”. Health and Social Care Secretary Jeremy Hunt also hit back by attacking the US system which leaves millions without adequate health cover. The US president said “thousands of people are marching” in the UK because of concerns about the state of the NHS. Mr Trump made the attack as he targeted Democrats pushing for a British-style universal health system in the US. Mr Hunt responded with a tweet of his own, saying no-one protesting about the state of the NHS wanted a US-style system. “NHS may have challenges but I’m proud to be from the country that invented universal coverage – where all get care no matter the size of their bank balance,” he said. Number 10 backed Mr Hunt in the dispute, saying: “Of course he speaks for the Government on these matters.” Mrs May’s official… Read full this story
- Cops Shut Down YG & Nipsey Hussle's 'F*** Donald Trump' Music Video Shoot
- Donald Trump's spat with UK ambassador could have 'grave' fallout but Americans struggle to care
- Donald Trump impeachment probe: Here's what you need to know about the US President and Ukraine
- Donald Trump in for an uncomfortable time as Michael Cohen kicks off a cascade of sentences
- Donald Trump shouldn't be impeached because he's 'not worth it', says Nancy Pelosi
- G20 Summit: Could a 'trillion-dollar' Donald Trump-Xi Jinping handshake save the world from recession?
- Donald Trump is leading the 2020 money race. Here's how much you need to be president
- Donald Trump's racist tweets about congresswomen are a blatant campaign strategy
- Donald Trump, in first UN speech, warns US will 'totally destroy' North Korea if threatened
- Donald Trump condemned by House of Representatives for 'racist comments' about US congresswomen
Downing Street backs Jeremy Hunt in spat with Donald Trump have 333 words, post on www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk at February 5, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.