When discussing measures to combat drug addiction in the country with his aides, US President Donald Trump often speaks out for the death penalty for drug dealers, Axios news portal reported, citing sources in the US administration. According to the sources, Trump does not believe that prison can help the drug traffickers, and compares them with serial killers who deserve only the highest penalty. Trump gives an example of how the problem is solved in other countries. Most often, he mentions Singapore. Trump had earlier congratulated Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte for his fight against illegal drugs. “Many countries have the problem, we have a problem, but what a great job you are doing, and I just wanted to call and tell you that,” Trump told Duterte. Trump also often repeats that “the Chinese and Filipinos do not have a drug problem, because they just kill [them],” a representative of the administration told the news portal. READ MORE: US Life Expectancy Rates Drop 2nd Year in Row: Alcohol, Drugs & Suicide Noted © CC0 Ex-US Agent Gets 3 Years in Prison for Collusion With Colombian Drug Lord As explained by the senior adviser of the US president Kellynn Conway, whom Axios asked for comment, Trump is referring to large drug dealers who distribute doses of narcotic substances in huge quantities. On January 10,… Read full this story
- To Escape Harsh Reality, Some Gazans Opt for Drugs Despite Fear of Life Sentence or Death Penalty
- Her Bollywood actor boyfriend's death prompted a media firestorm. Now, she's been arrested on alleged drug offenses
- Trump Foolishly Thinks He Can Solve the Opioid Crisis With Zero Cash and a Dumb Ad Campaign
- Who is Donald Trump?
- A Timeline of Trump’s QAnon Presidency
- Trump attacks China over Covid 'plague' as Xi urges collaboration in virus fight
- US election 2020 latest news: Twitter flags Trump’s tweet telling NC voters to make ‘ballot count’ by ‘voting twice’
- US election 2020 latest news: Trump slams Biden after ‘Under God’ removed from the Pledge of Allegiance twice at DNC
- Trump’s Long History of Defending Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct
- How Far Will Donald Trump Go to Win?
In Duterte's Footsteps: Trump Allegedly Wants Death Penalty for Drug Traffickers have 348 words, post on sputniknews.com at February 26, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.