close Video ‘Cool Runnings’ racially insensitive? Complaints prompt school to cancel screening. A Massachusetts high school canceled the screening of Disney’s “Cool Runnings” this week after the principal said she received complaints that the 1993 film was “racially insensitive.” The film is based on a true story about a bobsled team from Jamaica qualifying for the 1988 Olympics. The PG-rated movie follows the athletes’ journey to the Olympic Games. The student council at Wayland High School announced the institution would watch “Cool Runnings” Wednesday during their “winter week,” FOX 25 Boston reported. “Winter week,” a school tradition, follows midterm exams and was dedicated as a relaxing time for students. Following the student council’s announcement, the principal, Allyson Mizoguchi, sent an email to students canceling the film’s viewing. STEVE WYNN’S NAME STRICKEN AT U OF IOWA; MASS. CASINO REGULATORS SAY $7.5M SETTLEMENT WAS HIDDEN Mizoguchi wrote in the statement: “Following the recent announcement that ‘Cool Runnings’ would be the movie shown this year, I received concerns from members of our community that raised my awareness about elements of the movie that could be viewed as culturally and racially insensitive.” The principal wrote that after researching the movie’s plot more, she decided it was best to cancel the screening. “While disappointing… Read full this story
- Racially Insensitive Post at LTHS, Dumping: Burr Ridge Cops
- Shawn Mendes Apologizes for Past "Racially Insensitive Comments"
- 49ers Players Defend Suspended Radio Analyst Who Made Racially Insensitive Comments
- UPDATE: Port Neches must shelter-in-place; PN-G schools canceled
- Cops warned over a year ago about suspect in school hit-and-run that killed Harley Watson, 12
- School hit-and-run suspect was KNOWN to police for more than a YEAR before carnage that killed Harley Watson, 12, - as force reports itself to conduct watchdog
- Man held over fatal school hit-and-run in Loughton was ‘found asleep in car’ as cops probe incident at ANOTHER school
- Moment cops swoop on school hit-and-run suspect as he ‘slept in pub car park’
- Mum whose own son was hit in school hit-and-run desperately tried to save schoolboy Harley Watson, 12
- Kanye West Canceled on James Corden 3 Times Before Finally Filming Carpool Karaoke
Massachusetts school cancels 'Cool Runnings' viewing citing 'racially insensitive' subjects in film have 357 words, post on www.foxnews.com at February 2, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.