Ten human skeletons, arranged lying on their sides in a circle with their arms intertwined, have been unearthed in an ancient burial pit to the south of Mexico City. The roughly 2,400-year-old bones represent the first time anything like this has been discovered, according to a statement from the National Institute of Anthropology and History, or INAH.Two of the skeletons have been identified as female and another one as male; the rest are still being studied. Most of them belonged to adolescents, but the researchers have also identified one skeleton as that of an adult, another of a child between three and five years old and another of a baby about one month old, according to the INAH statement. While the cause (or causes) of death remains unclear, their careful positioning suggests a mysterious ritualistic component to the burial. Archaeologists made the discovery on the lands of the Pontifical University of Mexico, or UPM. The “spiral of human bones” was the most unusual finding that any INAH archaeologist has made since beginning field work in the area more than a decade ago, according to the institute’s statement.The bodies had been buried with cajetes and tecomates—earthenware bowls and pots of various… Read full this story
- Human foetus mummified 2,100 years ago in Ancient Egypt ‘mistaken for a bird’ – because it’s so ‘severely malformed’
- Tomb of Ancient Egyptian beauty Cleopatra may finally have been found after experts locate mysterious site near Cairo
- Hunt for Cleopatra’s lost tomb may be over as ‘sensational gilded burial’ discovered at Egyptian ‘city of the dead’
- Fish fingers: Prehistoric sea creature that swam in the oceans and walked on land 380 million years ago is a 'missing link' in the evolution of the human hand
- Human teeth 'first evolved 400million years ago' in a bizarre armoured fish, X-ray analysis reveals
- Cleopatra's final resting place: Mummies of two high-status Egyptians discovered in an ancient temple on the Nile delta add weight to the theory the fabled queen was also buried there
- Iron Age murder victim buried with his hands bound is discovered beside a 200ft-wide wooden circle in Buckinghamshire as archaeologists clear land for HS2
- Mysterious relics from prehistoric cult that dug up their dead discovered
- Ancient Mourners May Have Left Flowers on 'Red Lady Grave'
- Robot Discovers Burial Chambers in Ancient Temple
Mysterious Circle of Ancient Human Skeletons With Arms Linked Discovered in Mexico have 383 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 1, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.