A truck crosses a Vietnamese border gate to China Chongqing is a centrally-run city and an economic hub of China’s western region as it is strong in infrastructure, high technology and information technology. In 2017, economic, trade, investment and tourism between Vietnam and the city reached about US$2 billion, accounting for about 2 percent of total trade between Vietnam and China. Of the figure, Vietnam’s exports in the city were nearly US$1 billion. Lauding socio-economic achievements of China and Chongqing in 2017 and in first months of 2018, Deputy PM Dung affirmed that Vietnam attaches importance to strengthening cooperation among localities of the two countries. He suggested in the coming time, Chongqing city and Vietnamese localities strengthen connectivity and exchanges to share experience in socio-economic development. They should promote economic, trade and investment cooperation, he stated, expressing his hope that more Vietnamese goods, especially agro-forestry-fishery products, will be exported to China, thus contributing to boost the Vietnam-China trade ties in a balanced and sustainable manner. He also proposed that localities of both sides hold diverse people-to-people exchange activities, especially among young generations, while increasing cultural and tourism promotion. For his part, Liu declared that Chongqing city pays attention to friendship and… Read full this story
- China's breadbasket province expands planting area
- China says coronavirus pushing US ties to brink of ‘Cold War’
- China says virus pushing US ties to brink of 'Cold War'
- China puts city of Shulan under Wuhan-style lockdown after fresh Covid-19 cases
- Samsung boss visits China to reportedly strengthen government ties
- China planning city-wide testing in Wuhan over next 10 days to avoid second wave
- Phone sex has soared in lockdown with Sheffield and Belfast the horniest cities – but how does your local town tally up?
- Vietnam, China hold online discussions on farm produce, food trade
- Vietnam Fines Regional Bayer CEO for Using Illegal Chinese South China Sea Map
- Vietnamese netizens bash Netflix for annotating Hoi An as Chinese landmark
China’s Chongqing city suggested expanding ties with Vietnamese localities have 321 words, post on english.vov.vn at March 29, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.