Google, Facebook and other internet companies must remove terrorist and other illegal online content from their websites within an hour or risk facing EU legislation forcing them to do so.The European Commission on Thursday increased the pressure on internet companies with sweeping recommendations for companies and EU nations regarding the speedy removal of all illegal content, including terrorist content, incitement to hatred and violence, child sexual abuse material, counterfeit products and copyright infringement.”Considering that terrorist content is most harmful in the first hours of its appearance online, all companies should remove such content within one hour from its referral as a general rule,” the commission said in a statement.Social media sites have become a popular conduit for terrorist groups to share their ideas and recruit people to the cause. These companies have strict rules against posting hate speech and will remove such content and accounts when they’re discovered. The EU and other political institutions have repeatedly pressed internet companies to do more in the fight against terrorism. For their part, the companies have consistently tried to step up by funding research, partnering on a shared database of images and videos that promote terrorism, and putting artificial intelligence to work at… Read full this story
- How to Make Money From Google - You Have to Create Content to Earn a Check From Google
- Google AdWords Tips and Tricks 2009
- For Facebook, you're just a commodity in high-stake data trade
- Drive More Traffic to Your Site - Facebook Vs Google
- Can I Use Images Or Content I Find on the Internet?
- Warren campaign challenges Facebook policy with ‘false’ Zuckerberg ad
- Google Alerts - How to Use it the Right Way!
- From Google to Uber, digital MNCs may recast operations for new tax law
- Make Money Online Using Facebook
Facebook, Google get an hour from EU to remove terrorist content have 311 words, post on www.cnet.com at March 1, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.