The new landlords at the Queens Head in Dorking are getting ready to reopen the refurbished pub. Markus Hebbourn and business partner Michael Cumberland have taken over the lease at the prominent corner pub in Horsham Road. Work began on a refit in January and when it opens in mid-April – the exact date is to be confirmed – it will be serving gastro food. The Fullers pub closed on September 29, 2017, amid fears it would never open again to customers. Read More Pubs with a new look But a planning application for a refurbishment was submitted to Mole Valley District Council and the new directors were found to take over the running of the pub. Markus and Michael originally started working together at the Red Lion in Horsell, where Markus was general manager. They went on to run their first pub business together at the Bird in Hand in Mayford, Woking. When the opportunity came up to run The Queens Head they decided to take it on alongside The Bird in Hand. Working with them is executive chef Nathan Madden, who will be living above The Queens Head. Markus explained what customers can expect from The Queens Head… Read full this story
- Kelvin Fletcher cuts a casual figure as he heads to the pub with his family following the easing of lockdown restrictions
- Prince Harry's criticism of the Queen's 'cherished' Commonwealth shows he has 'lost the plot' and 'should stop listening to his wife Meghan', royal photographer claims
- Captain Sir Tom Moore knighted by Queen at Windsor Castle hours after Princess Beatrice’s secret wedding
- Mystery as landlord posts ‘you don’t want to miss this’ on Facebook before his pub goes up in flames with him inside
- Thirsty punters down first pints in months as pubs open doors again on Super Saturday
- Buckingham Palace shares TWO new wedding photos of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo to thank well-wishers... but there's STILL no sign of Prince Andrew
- Pubs and restaurants blast 'unworkable' rules that mean groups of friends from more than two households will be BANNED from sitting together... so what else can or can't YOU do after 'unlockdown' on July 4?
- Queen's aides hit a 'deadlock' as they try to finalise details of Megxit deal and the future of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after couple announced plan to quit royal life
- New map shows pubs with beer gardens opening this weekend
- The two-metre meltdown: MPs claim three out of four pubs, restaurants, hotels and travel businesses could go bust unless guideline is relaxed
Meet the new landlords at the refurbished Queens Head pub have 413 words, post on www.getsurrey.co.uk at March 30, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.