Bollywood actor Salman Khan, who was granted bail in the blackbuck poaching case, has now filed a petition before Jodhpur District and Sessions Court seeking permission to visit four countries. Salman was sentenced to five years in prison after being convicted of killing two blackbucks in Jodhpur during the shooting of his movie ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’ in 1998. The actor spent two nights in Jodhpur Jail but was later granted bail by the Jodhpur court on two bail bonds of Rs 25,000 each. The judge asked the actor to appear before the court after a month on May 7 when it will hear his plea for suspension of sentence. While granting the bail, the court ordered Salman to seek permission from the court to travel abroad. Meanwhile, the Bishnoi community, which reveres the blackbuck, has decided to move the Rajasthan High Court challenging the bail granted to Khan, according to Ram Niwas, the secretary of the Bishnoi Tiger Force. (with inputs from ANI)
- Salman Khan jailed for 5 years in blackbuck poaching case
- Here's how Salman Khan’s imprisonment will impact his film and TV projects
- Why brands have shied away from Salman Khan, bringing down his brand value to 33% in 2017
- Nawaz Sharif remains critical, may need to go abroad for treatment
- SC upholds Shibu Soren's acquittal in 1994 murder case
- Katie Price scoffs snack on a mad shopping spree ahead of fresh bankruptcy case
- Why Madhuri DUMPED Sanjay Dutt
- Will BJP be able to defeat Shibu Soren in his last election?
- Congress dubs police protest as Amit Shah's "utter failure of leadership"
- Telangana Assembly Elections: Average winning margin was 50.2 per cent
Blackbuck poaching case: Salman Khan files petition to visit abroad have 262 words, post on www.dnaindia.com at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.