An Indian court jailed Bollywood star Salman Khan for five years for poaching on Thursday, lawyers said, a sentence likely to derail the career of one of the country’s most popular actors. Khan, 52, was found guilty of violating wildlife laws by killing a blackbuck, an endangered species of antelope, in 1998. Four other Bollywood actors accused in the case were acquitted. The stocky Khan wore a black shirt and sunglasses as he entered the court followed by an entourage of aides. Television footage later showed police escorting him to jail in Jodhpur, in the western state of Rajasthan. Television said Khan planned to appeal against the sentence. His lawyer, Anand Desai, told Reuters he had submitted a plea for bail which a judge will hear on Friday. The case was brought by members of a community known as the Bishnoi, who revere antelopes. The community has pursued the case against Khan for almost two decades and cheered the decision by setting off firecrackers near the courthouse and handing out sweets. Four other Bollywood actors accused in the case – Saif Ali Khan, Neelam, Tabu and Sonali Bendre – were acquitted, prosecution lawyer Mahipal Bishnoi said. Some actors came out… Read full this story
- Salman Khan joins father Salim Khan as they sing an old classic together, calls him ‘The Sultan, Tiger, Bharat of our family’. Watch
- Katrina Kaif’s sister Isabelle to debut opposite Salman Khan’s brother-in-law with Kwatha, shares photo with ‘didi’
- Salman Khan returns to home town to shoot Dabangg 3 with Sonakshi Sinha, shares details in new video
- Dabangg 3 song Naina Lade: Salman Khan woos 21-year-old Saiee Manjrekar, watch
- Supreme Court cancels all criminal cases against Salman Khan over ‘Loveyatri’
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan reveals Prabhudeva’s hilarious reaction when he dubbed for Tamil trailer
- PIC: Ace Sprinter Yohan Blake Meets Salman Khan & Jacqueline Fernandez During Maiden Trip To India
- Bharat box office day 10: Salman Khan’s film crawls towards Rs 200 cr mark, earns Rs 3.75 cr on second Friday
- Blackbuck verdict: Salman Khan gets bail; Shilpa Shinde, Elli Avram say 'Tiger Is Back'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’ to have a Manjrekar family reunion on the big screen?
Bollywood actor Salman Khan guilty of poaching rare antelope have 350 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 5, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.