Construction crews are beginning foundation work for a bridge that will carry high-speed trains over Garces Highway in Kern County. (Photo credit: California High Speed Rail Authority) California Bullet Train Colliding With Reality By Dan Walters | CALmatters columnist Reality may finally be catching up with the vision – or pipedream — of a 200-mile-per-hour train connecting California’s northern and southern regions. A few weeks ago, the High-Speed Rail Authority released its latest “business plan” that was supposed to tell Californians how the brief stretch of track now being constructed in the San Joaquin Valley can grow into a system stretching from San Francisco and Sacramento in the north to Los Angeles and San Diego in the south. While the latest version of the plan, drafted by the latest of several management teams, appears to be more realistic about cost and construction schedules than its predecessors, it’s still sorely deficient, as its official reviewers pointed out last week during a legislative hearing. After a decade-plus of cogitation, they said, the state still doesn’t have a complete scenario for raising the tens of billions of dollars it would take to extend the San Joaquin section into the San Francisco Bay Area… Read full this story
- 2018 San Diego Auto Show: Jeep Gladiator Tops 5 Things You Can't Miss
- Some Of The Best Cosplay From The 2018 San Diego Comic-Con
- Daily Search Forum Recap: April 12, 2018
- Last Giant Pandas to Leave San Diego Zoo
- The Biggest Winners and Losers of San Diego Comic-Con
- San Diego County Sues US Over Ending Program for Asylum Seekers
- Rhino Pregnancy at San Diego Zoo Raises Hope to Save Subspecies
- How the Hell Is Bob Filner Still the Mayor of San Diego?
- Mark Adkins Identified as Man Tased to Death by San Diego Sheriff’s Deputies
- Person in Custody After Active Shooter Incident Reported Near San Diego Marathon: Source
Daily Business Report-April 12, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine have 309 words, post on www.sandiegometro.com at April 12, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.