Updated 6:03 am, Thursday, April 26, 2018 BRUSSELS (AP) — The European Union’s executive wants online giants like Facebook, Twitter and Google to sign on to a special code of conduct to weed out fake news, which it says has become an increasingly invasive issue during elections. The European Commission said Thursday it wants online platforms by July to flag sponsored political content, introduce rules to close fake accounts, better monitor disinformation and set up an independent network of fact-checkers. With the self-regulation tools, the EU Commission wants to counter online manipulation and disinformation increasingly seen in elections. Business Channel Now Playing: Now Playing How Regulatory Fears May Weigh on Alphabet Cheddar TV Pizza Hut CMO: Culture-Focused Marketing Has Led To Sales Growth Cheddar TV A New Film About Barbie’s Long-Overdue Makeover Cheddar TV John Riccitiello, CEO of Unity Technologies, Says Company Could Go Public Now Cheddar TV Gmail Is Getting A Major Makeover That Includes Self-Destructing Emails Veuer Google Joins Gun Emoji Debate, Switching to a Water Pistol Buzz 60 FOX Business Beat: New Gmail features; Yahoo breach Fox5DC Can You Hear Me Now? New Clues on How Whales Hear Buzz 60 A Quarter of Toddlers Have a Fancier Phone… Read full this story
- Fake News: Linfield react to mock website story reporting David Healy's departure
- Fake news gets a good run out before the Championship
- Rick Carlisle on Mark Cuban allegations: ‘Most insidious form’ of fake news
- Carlisle on Cuban allegations: ‘Most insidious form’ of fake news
- Russell Wilson on expected at-bat Friday: ‘Get ready’
- Iniesta to Manchester City is 'fake news'
- Astori contract claims clarified as 'fake news' by Lega Calcio commissioner
- Winter Olympics 2018: Donald Trump, Kim Jong Un impersonators make fake news at opening ceremony
- The 'Let's get ready to Rumble' quiz
- Asian push to crack down on ‘fake news’ sparks alarm
EU gets ready to take on fake news have 303 words, post on www.sfgate.com at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.