Visit The Boston Globe Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Comment on this Scroll to top of page By PABLO GORONDI Associated Press April 13, 2018 BUDAPEST — A Hungarian magazine published Thursday the names of more than 200 people it claimed Prime Minister Viktor Orban had in mind when he alleged US-Hungarian billionaire George Soros paid ‘‘mercenaries’’ to topple the government and open the country to immigrants.Those listed by the weekly Figyelo included members of rights organizations such as Amnesty International, anticorruption watchdog Transparency International, refugee advocates, investigative journalists, and faculty from the Soros-founded Central European University.Some of the people named are dead. Advertisement Figyelo is a formerly highly respected business magazine that took on an unabashedly pro-government slant after it was acquired in December 2016 by Maria Schmidt, a historian and Orban ally. Since then, the great majority of the ads in the magazine are from the government. Get Talking Points in your inbox: An afternoon recap of the day’s most important business news, delivered weekdays. Thank you for signing up! Sign up for more newsletters here Orban was reelected to a fourth term as Hungary’s leader Sunday. He based his campaign on demonizing migrants, blaming Soros and… Read full this story
- EXCLUSIVE – Polish MP: 'Puppet Master' Soros 'Wants to Rule the World'
- Hungary gives in to Slovakia. Its gov’t won't fund land purchases abroad
- Here are 60 of our favorite iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro cases for every taste
- The Fit List: Nine fitness must-haves and ethical alternatives
- Bitcoin Powers Past $57,000 On Its Quest To Hit A New All-Time High
- I wore a red bikini to the Playboy Mansion and a German man offered to have sex with me, says Katherine Ryan
- Hungarian PM Orban defends anti-migrant remarks on UK visit
- China is not just shackling Hong Kong, it is remaking it
- What we know about the suspected pipe bombs sent to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and CNN
- The Best Google Stadia Games for 2021 | Digital Trends
Hungary: Pro-govt weekly prints list of ‘Soros mercenaries’ have 318 words, post on www.sfgate.com at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.