He talked about the movie business with Michael Douglas, Morgan Freeman and Dwayne Johnson over dinner at Rupert Murdoch’s house. He discussed space travel with Richard Branson in the California desert, and philanthropy with Bill Gates and technology with Jeff Bezos in Seattle. He visited Harvard and MIT, brokered arms deals with President Donald Trump and sat down with Wall Street financiers. He even met with Oprah Winfrey. For nearly three weeks, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the 32-year-old heir to the Saudi throne, has crisscrossed the United States, on an ambitious, choreographed journey through modern American life, while under heavy guard because of his many enemies in the Middle East. The prince, who arrived in the United States with a reputation as an aggressive consolidator of power back home and a zealous interventionist abroad, is seeking to change the perception of Saudi Arabia from an opaque and conservative kingdom, where mosques promote extremist ideology and women are relegated to second-class status, to a modernist desert oasis. Read more Saudi Arabia makes spying on spouse’s phone illegal Saudi Arabia and Softbank to create world’s biggest solar project Trump touts weapons deals with Saudi Arabia Prince Mohammed also has sought to… Read full this story
- Twitter erupted at a funny image of Putin and the crown prince of Saudi Arabia shaking hands after Russia's first World Cup goal
- World Cup 2018: Saudi Arabia Royal Family launch scathing attack of players after 5-0 Russia thrashing
- SK's Take On WWE's Saudi Arabia Crisis Meeting; New Venue Considered?
- Russia routs Saudi Arabia 5-0 in World Cup opener
- John Cena reportedly refusing to go to Saudi Arabia
- Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic express doubts over match in Saudi Arabia
- Nadal, Djokovic to play exhibition game in Saudi Arabia
- The Latest: Lebanon PM to attend first match of World Cup
- Glazers have no plans to sell any stake in Manchester United
- Vladimir Putin proves he can play genial host as Russia profit in World Cup's El Gasico
Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman toured Hollywood, Harvard and Silicon Valley on US visit have 325 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at April 7, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.