A water factory (Source: VNA) Can Tho (VNA) – Authorities of the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho and a World Bank delegation discussed a framework programme on improving local water supply services during a working session on April 10. Speaking at the event, WB's senior expert on water and hygiene system Gerard Soppe said the programme is part of the third joint WB-Can Tho project on urban upgrade which was approved in January this year. Under the programme, the Can Tho Water Supply and Drainage Company will receive help to improve water supply at reasonable costs and in a sustainable way. This year, the WB will work with the global strategy consulting firm Castalia to collect quantitative data on the Can Tho Water Supply and Drainage Company's operating mechanism, thereby seeking measures to renovate its operations. It aims to extend water supply to new urban clusters and remote areas, help local authorities choose water distribution plans for short and mid-term, upgrade wastewater treatment facilities and propose optimal solutions to wastewater treatment. In order to ensure fresh water for production and cultivation, WB experts will assist Can Tho in designing a monitor system to provide early forecast on drought and salinisation,… Read full this story
- Understanding Phoenix's Water Supply and Most Precious Resource
- Quang Tri new water supply system built
- Water Filters - Discover How They Can Dramatically Improve Your Water Supply
- How Can Whole House Water Filter Systems Help in Improving Hard Water Quality?
- Quảng Trị new water supply system to be built
- Improve YOUR Economy by Helping Others Improve Theirs
- Water Damaged Ceiling, What Should I Do?
- Water Saving Smarts
- Ways to Teach Your Children to Value and Conserve Water
- Water scarcity plagues Hanoi residents after polluted tap water episode
WB helps Can Tho improve water supply services have 288 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 11, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.