There’s no question about it, The Great Escape is the UK’s best new music festival. Whether you’re looking for your favourite new indie band, pop superstar in waiting or for that elusive debut UK show then you’re bound to find it at some point over that weekend in Brighton. This year’s lineup featured and showcased an eclectic mix of artists from all over the world, we saw a lot of them, walked a lot back and forth between venues, the beach and the pub and generally just had a pretty great time. Here’s a list of the best things we saw over the three days of glorious sunshine. Joan This indie-pop duo from Little Rock, Arkansas could be your favourite new band. With their ridiculously catchy string of singles, joan will have you eating of their hands once you see their pitch perfect live set. “love somebody like you”, for want of a better word, is a straight-up banger, as are all the tracks they blast through bringing sonic sunshine into the dark. Rina Sawayama On her debut mini-album, Rina Sawayama gives us saccharine pop perfection perfectly bringing the sounds of 90s megastars like Britney and Christina back to life. Live,… Read full this story
- After great escape, Belgium eye Brazil without pressure
- Owners of Great Escape Beer Works want brewery to be a spot for 'meeting new friends'
- Ursula Le Guin, John Scalzi, Kim Stanley Robinson Headline New Books Releasing October 2018
- Trump's New Acting Attorney General Served on the Advisory Board of a 'Scam' Patent Business
- Senator to new acting EPA leader: 'Restore confidence' in agency's mission
- New Caledonia (France) January 2018: Ford Ranger snaps lead in market down 18%
- Microsoft Windows 10 Major New Versions to be Released Only Once per Year
- New Caledonia (France) February 2018: Hyundai Kona lands at #6
- New Caledonia (France) October 2018: Dacia Duster #1, Peugeot shines
- New Caledonia (France) March 2018: Peugeot and 208 take the lead
10 of our favourite new acts from The Great Escape 2018 have 316 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at May 28, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.