Democracy Dies in Darkness Sections Home Try 1 month for $1 Username Sign In Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Subscribe Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Accessibility for screenreader Sports Justify, led by trainer Bob Baffert, emerges from Barn 33 to meet the public the morning after winning the 144th Kentucky Derby. (Garry Jones/Associated Press) by Chuck Culpepper by Chuck Culpepper Email the author May 6 Email the author LOUISVILLE — This Triple Crown season came garnished with a gusher of big anniversaries: 50 years since the most controversial Kentucky Derby finish, 40 years since the sweep of the great Affirmed against the almost-as-great Alydar, 30 years since the wire-to-wire wonder of the filly Winning Colors and 20 years since . . . Man, how weird. “Elliott cost me a Triple Crown,” Bob Baffert said Saturday night. “You cost me a Derby,” Elliott Walden retorted. They traded these fun and frivolous barbs from the same winning news conference dais as teammates even in a sport with no trades — as trainer and owner of Justify, who had just made the 144th Kentucky Derby look as if he had strolled into the classroom… Read full this story
- The Kentucky Derby and Cinco de Mayo Are Merging
- Female nurse, 63, is arrested after 'beating to death mentally disabled woman' whose battered body was found in a cornfield 20 years ago
- Man, 30, discovers a tooth 'has grown inside his NOSE for 20 YEARS' after it got knocked out during an accident when he was a child
- 2019 Ram HD Kentucky Derby Edition Hauls All Your Horses
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S anniversary: We were all part of the cool gang, 20 years ago
- Ram 1500 Kentucky Derby Edition Is Lavish Way To Haul Your Horse
- Bosnia's bitter, flawed peace deal, 20 years on
- 'I found evidence of my dad's 20-year affair with my aunt on Facebook'
- Tony Blair's legacy 20 years on
- Belina Josselyn first mare to win Prix d’Amerique in 20 years
20 years after unbelievable Belmont Stakes, they taste victory together at Kentucky Derby have 324 words, post on www.washingtonpost.com at May 6, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.