While discussing the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe during an earnings call on Tuesday, Disney CEO Bob Iger said that Disney and Marvel will “try our hand at what I’ll call a new franchise beyond ‘Avengers.’” This could mean many different things, but the most logical answers lie in the Disney-Fox deal, which would give Disney access to a bevy of new characters like the X-Men and Fantastic Four. With these characters, the MCU could easily build up to “event” movies like “Infinity War” that don’t necessarily revolve around the Avengers. The fourth “Avengers” movie next year might be a conclusion of sorts for the current status quo of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but the franchise doesn’t have any plans to slow down. During an earnings call on Tuesday, Disney CEO Bob Iger, while discussing the future of the MCU, implied that Disney and Marvel Studios are thinking about life after the Avengers – including a new franchise to carry the MCU. “We meet on a regular basis with our Marvel team, and we’ve plotted out Marvel movies that will take us well into the next decade,” said Iger. “I’m guessing we will try our hand at what I’ll… Read full this story
- Disney CEO Says Star Wars Creator George Lucas Felt Upset and Betrayed When Told Sequel Trilogy Wouldn’t Follow His Plots
- Leaked Marvel Phase 4 Plans Include New Avengers, Young Avengers & Dark Avengers?
- Never mind. Disney+ will have almost all the Marvel movies at launch too
- Marvel Announces New Spider-Man Animated Series For Disney Junior Amid Rift With Sony Over Film Franchise
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Doesn’t Count Out Future ‘Star Wars’ Trilogies
- Verizon CEO Says Disney+ Deal Has "Exceeded" Expectations
- Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’
- How Rogue One's 1600 VFX Shots Compare to BvS, Marvel Movies, and Other Star Wars
- Star Wars: Disney CEO Admits the Number of Projects Being Developed Is "Smaller Than You Think"
- Star Wars: Disney CEO Not Ruling Out Future Trilogies
Disney CEO says the future of Marvel movies includes 'a new franchise beyond Avengers' -- here's what that could mean have 334 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at May 10, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.